About the Logo
The FAN SUPPORTED, CREATOR DISTRIBUTED logo was developed by Zombie Orpheus Entertainment for use by independent artists, filmmakers, and musicians. Here’s what it means:
- Fan Supported: The work is supported primarily by its fans, rather than advertising, mass market sales, or third-party labels, networks, or studios.
- Creator Distributed: Distribution of the work is managed by its creator, rather than a third party. This helps fans know that the value of their dollars is maximized, rather than being siphoned off by layers of third-parties. (The creator may still make the work available to wholesalers and other agents, but they retain primary distribution rights.)
- The Design
- The Circle: Fans and creators are interdependent. The more that a community supports the artist, the more works the artist is able to create for their community.
- The Hand: Every person involved, whether as creator or fan supporter, is important. This is the opposite of top-down distribution—rather, the strength of the model emerges from the center.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
You are free to Share — to copy, distribute and transmit the work — under the following conditions
Attribution — You must attribute the work in the following manner on the web page of the work to which it is affixed: “This logo signifies that [the work] is directly distributed by its creator to the creator’s fans. For more information, please visit bit.ly/fansupported.”
No Derivative Works — You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work, with the single exception that you may change the following text to meet your project’s needs “Driven By You”.
This logo is intended to be used by independent artists and creators who are directly distributing their works. It is primarily intended for the following uses:
- Product Packaging (DVD sleeves, CD covers, etc)
- Video (transparent bug, end credits, etc)
- Posters, Postcards, other printed media
The Font: Museo Slab
The Video: Download from Vimeo